Global stocks are broadly lower, along with government-bond yields and commodity prices, amid renewed anxiety around the Delta variant of Covid-19 and inflation. Here’s what we’re watching ahead of Monday’s open. Full market wrap here.
investors are high-fiving each other this morning. Videoconferencing service
Zoom Video Communications
plans to acquire the cloud-based customer-service software provider in an all-stock deal valued at $14.7 billion. Five9 shares jumped 8.1% premarket; Zoom slid 1.1%.
- U.S. crude prices are down 3.9% this morning, and the shares of major producers are slip-sliding on down with them.
was down 5.8% premarket,
Mobil fell 3.1% and
- Bank shares were also suffering from the downbeat atmosphere.
fell 2.6% and
dropped 2.5% premarket.
- Shares of
Retail Properties of America
bucked the dim mood of the day to inch up 0.7% premarket. It is merging with
Kite Realty Group Trust
in an all-stock deal. Kite’s shares haven’t budged.
- A SPAC deal and a price slip : Shares of blank-check company
gave up earlier gains to edge down 0.5% premarket. Italian luxury group Ermenegildo Zegna plans to raise around $880 million by combining with the U.S. SPAC.
Pershing Square Tontine Holdings,
the blank-check company led by hedge-fund manager
said it won’t proceed with its proposed acquisition of a 10% stake in Universal Music Group. The SPAC’s shares added 0.6% ahead of the bell.
- Trading app Robinhood Markets said it expects to raise about $2 billion in its initial public offering, which would give it a market value of about $33 billion, according to a securities filing Monday.
J.B. Hunt Transport Services
are among the companies reporting earnings Monday.
Chart of the Day
- Growth likely hit a high point in the second quarter and will slow as the boosts from fiscal stimulus and reopenings fade, economists say.
Copyright ©2021 Dow Jones & Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 87990cbe856818d5eddac44c7b1cdeb8